PIERS MORGAN QUITS GOOD MORNING BRITAIN


Piers Morgan will no longer be a presenter on Good Morning Britain (GMB).

In a statement, ITV said: “Following discussions with ITV, Piers Morgan has decided now is the time to leave Good Morning Britain.

“ITV has accepted this decision and has nothing further to add.”

The announcement was made after broadcasting regulator Ofcom launched an investigation after receiving more than 41,000 complaints regarding comments made by Morgan in relation to Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Prior to ITV’s annoncement the tv host took to his twitter and posted the gif of a ticking clock.

Morgan comments had been under scrutinity since Monday’s GMB episode where he condemmed Meghan’s claims in her and Harry’s – “two hour trashathon” as Piers put it – tell all interview with Oprah Winfrey Sunday evening. Piers spent much of Monday’s show ranting about Meghan’s allegations which detailed her mental struggles as a result of treatment by the royal family; and dismissing them outright, saying that “he didn’t believe a word that she said.”

Sunday’s interview with The Duke and Duchess of Sussex with Oprah Winfrey Sunday on CBS.

Things spiraled further when co-presenter Alex Beresford joined the conversation, defending the Royal Couple and called out Piers on his behavior and ill treatment of the Royal Couple. calling his fellow host’s behavior “diabolical”.

Piers has been a presenter on Good Morning Britain for six years now. Some fans are disheartened that his time on the talk show has come to an end and others see this a step in the right direction on the topic of racism.